Throughout history man has created weapons from whatever he had at his disposal. That was all wood to begin with but as exploration brought in new ideas and tools, steel was soon added for obvious reasons. It was virtually indestructible could be hardened to hold an edge that could always be sharpened again when dulled. We have copied from originals as well as created some of our own designs. All are hand forged and created with the highest standard that we use in the making of all of our axes.
This spiked axe was designed to be used as a weapon more than a tool. The spike could be used to pierce armor or chain mail, knock a rider from a horse and inflict severe damage on a body.
The spike is shaped like an arrow and is sharpened on both sides.
- The head is about 5 inches wide and 9 inches long.
- It uses our large 19 inch handle.
- The weight of the head is about 1.5 lb.
- The handle is about .5 lbs.
- The total weight is about 2.0 lbs.